Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Something new every day

I love it when serendipitous things happen. I've just been on holiday and did a little drawing, a little photography.... Have you ever actually missed working at your job? It must mean that it is not a job, it is what you are supposed to be doing. I am doing what I love. And it pays off in some interesting ways. I've just sold two paintings that I like. I am glad they are going to an appreciative home.

I am still working on fine tuning my new web site and decided part of that "marketing" should include more exposure on Facebook. I don't like Facebook, though. It takes up a lot of time.

In some circuitous way, one of my friends is also a friend of an artist who I met many, many years ago. His fashion photography was so enticing, I used to shop in the stores he photographed for. I introduced myself on FB, reminding him of people that it turns out we both know - or knew. A boyfriend once said that Photography was a very small world. And so it is. You know someone I know.

I find it exciting that this happens. And I f ind it exciting that I have reconnected with someone who didn't know me personally, but who remembers the people I knew back then - one of the most exciting periods of my life.

Photo art started for me then.

1 comment:

  1. Like I always say, where ever you go--there you are...

    FB is fun finding people from the past, but a huge time suck and it seems like the trick is to limit the amount of time you spend there, otherwise you wind up saying "where did the day go..."

    Glad your holiday was fruitful, looking forward to seeing you in the coming months...

    charlie

    ReplyDelete